“Cheesecake is the flavor of Love” Recipe Critique
No Bake Strawberry Banana Cheesecake
One of my all-time favorite deserts is cheesecake. However, without tons of practice they are just not the easiest things in the world to make at home. During the heat of summer, the last thing you really want to do is run your oven too much. Then there is the issue of the cake cracking; although adding a pan of hot water to the bottom of the oven creates a nice steamy environment that often solves this problem. I will grant, that if done right, they are well worth the effort. This very berry banana cheesecake is no exception.
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Bars
Historically, my ultimate favorite of favorites has been key lime cheesecake. But sometimes you just want to change it up a bit. My latest craving has been for these no bake strawberry banana cheesecake bars. This recipe requires no oven time and is easy to make ahead and serve to a crowd. Just make a whole “cake” and use a hot wet knife to slice into individual serving size bars before storing. It can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept in the fridge for simplicity. Keep chilled until ready to serve for a dessert that will help satiate. I am not much for sweet desserts but the simple whip texture of a good cheesecake has always been my weak spot. I cream the strawberries and bananas in my Ninja Blender and then fold into the cream cheese mix until I have the desired consistency.
Very Berry Banana Cheesecake Recipe
Did I mention the flavor combination of these strawberry banana cheesecake bars? These two fruits are a match made in heaven. Using sweet fresh strawberries and a nice ripe banana ensure you maximize and showcase the natural sweetness of the fruit. Therefore, as a result this recipe requires less added sugar or sweetener. It’s a win/win for everyone. You can enjoy this cool refreshing very berry banana cheesecake recipe without adding too much to your waistline. What’s not to like, right? The double whammy of fresh fruits also helps us to get in some of our nine servings per day of fruit and veggies. Its almost enough to overlook the cream cheese, but do not get too excited.
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Base
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 2 8 oz packs cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar more or less to taste. I use less as the fruit has a natural sweetness
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries wash and cored and roughly chopped
- 1 large ripe banana peeled and diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries optional, for serving
Graham Cracker Crust
- Line and 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave some of the parchment outside of the pan as this will help to lift the cheesecake out of the pan.
- In a bowl combine all of the graham cracker base ingredients and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking pan, aiming for a nice flat even surface.
- Place the baking pan in the fridge to chill the crust for 1 hour.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, strawberries, banana and vanilla extract to your blender and thoroughly mix to combine all ingredients.
- Using a cake mixer or whisk, whip the cream until stiff peaks appear.
- Add half the whipped cream to the cheesecake mix and blend in using a spatula. Add the remaining whipped cream and fold into the cheesecake mix
- Pour the cheesecake mix into the baking pan lined with the crust. Again, the goal should be a nice evenly smooth surface.
- Place the cheesecake into your freezer and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water and dry it off with a paper towel. While the knife is still hot slice the cheesecake into the bar size you desire. You can either slice into 3 rows of 3 or 4 rows of 4 depending your your serving size requirement.
- Keep the cheesecake frozen, but place in the fridge 30 minutes before you would like to serve. Top with either whipped cream, fresh strawberries or both.
Sweetened by the natural sugar in the fruit, this recipe requires little extra sugar to be added.
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake
So just to recap strawberries are a rich source of essential nutrients we all need. They are full of Vitamin C, healthy fiber, folic acid and antioxidants. They are great at helping to fight poor immune systems, high blood pressure, they help regulate your blood sugar and promote healthy eyesight. Well as for banana’s; who does not know that bananas are a great source of potassium, magnesium, vitamins C and B6, as well as protein, fiber and folate. You can’t go wrong with this combination.
“I suspect music is auditory cheesecake, an exquisite confection crafted to tickle the sensitive spots of… our mental faculties.” Steven Pinker