1.) Who we are.
3.) The data we collect.
4.) How we use your information.
5.) Your Personal Data Rights.
1.) Who we are.
Here at Recipe Critique our goal is to be a premier source of great articles and healthy recipes that can help you on your journey to being the healthiest version of you that you can be. It is our goal to provide e-cookbooks and recipes, some nutritional information and a whole lot of food for thought. However, we are not medical personnel or registered dieticians or health professionals of any kind. We just believe in looking after ourselves so that we can enjoy the life we are given. Although an email address is required to join our email list, we are not in the business of trading customer information for any reason.
3.) THE DATA WE COLLECT.
Recipe Critique may collect any or all of the following information about you.
– Your full name.
– Your username and password.
– Your contact details, including email address and telephone numbers, including any cellular numbers you provide.
– Your location.
– Your communication and marketing preferences.
– Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; and
– Your correspondence and communications with Recipe Critique.
– Any other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform, such as Facebook or Twitter.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you contact us for any reason, your contact information is collected by us in order to respond to your inquiry or assist with any questions you may have.
Additionally, If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When someone visits https://www.recipecritique.com/ we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavioral patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the web site and the sources of such visitor traffic. This information is not based on any specific person or personal data and we neither make nor authorize any other person or entity to make any attempts to identify any person through the use of this data.
This list is not comprehensive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes as specified in this policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you sign up for our newsletter, become a registered user or contact our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
Our web sites are not intended for use by children and as such we do not knowingly collect data relating to any child.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
4.) HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE GATHER.
Recipe Critique will use the information we gather in a number of ways. The most important of these being our operation. We use the information in order to better serve our user and continue to give you more of what you are looking for.
5.) YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
In order for us to provide our service, we do need to collect specific personal information. While we do collect the information, it is your information and as such you do have the certain rights. You have…
– The Right of Access; to request a copy of the personal details that we have collected about you.
– The Right of Erasure; to request that we delete personal data about you, when we no longer hold any legal reason to retain the information.
– The Right of Rectification; the right to request we update and correct any obsolete or incorrect personal information.
– The Right of Objection; the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send and the right to object to us continuing to store your personal data when we no longer have any legal basis for doing so.
– The Right of Restriction; the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to restrict processing of data. This means we can secure and store the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it.
– The Right to Data Portability; In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine- readable format and/or to give a copy of the data in such a format to another organization.
Much of the personal data collected is required for use of our web site and will be retained until you close your account and exercise your right of erasure.
If you wish to contact us to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data protection officer Elaine Turner at
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under the data protection act, please contact us in writing via either of the following ways:
6361 N. Falls Circle
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319