Baked Chicken with Spinach, Pears, and Blue Cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp EVOO divided
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach not baby spinach, washed, dried and stems removed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ripe Anjou pears peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously season each chicken breast with salt and pepper. In a large, ovenproof skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sear breasts 2 to 3 minutes each side until lightly golden. Place pan in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute red onion until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter or divide evenly between 4 plates.
- Wipe out pan and heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with vinegar. Add pears and gently heat until warm. Stir in parsley. Arrange cooked chicken breasts on spinach. Top with warmed pear slices and about 2 tablespoons blue cheese per breast.
This fresh chicken dinner is very quick and easy to make and comes to us courtesy of The Daily Meal.